The THTE temperature sensor is a hygienically-graded Pt100 resistance thermometer for applications in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and biotechnology industries. With the help of a thermowell that protrudes into the process, the sensor can be exchanged “dry“. That means that the vessel remains closed and potential hygienic risks are minimized. The thermowell is available in multiple insertion lengths and is installed at the vessel by common hygienically-graded process connections. High-grade stainless steel and a gap- and crevice-free design enable safe and clean processing. The THTE is well suited for CIP and SIP processes. This enables safe hygienic operation in conjunction with optimized equipment availability.
Besides its direct electrical connection to the Pt100 element, the THTE is available with an integrated transmitter with 4 mA … 20 mA output signal.
- Pt100, accuracy class A (IEC 60751)
- Measuring ranges –50 °C … +150 °C and –50 °C … +250 °C
- Sensor probe spring-loaded in protective pipe
- Wetted parts: corrosion-resistant stainless steel 316L/1.4435, Ra ≤ 0.8 µm
- Hygienic process connections
- Pt100 (4-conductor) or 4 mA … 20 mA (2-conductor)
- M12 round connector x 1
Technical data overview
Measuring range –50 °C +150 °C
–50 °C +250 °C
Accuracy of sensor element Class A according to IEC 60751 1) Accuracy of the opt. measuring transducer ± 0,25 K Signal outputs and maximum ohmic load RA Pt100, 4-wire, 4 mA … 20 mA, 2-wire (RA ≤ (L+ – 10 V) / 0.023 A [Ohm]) Electrical connection M12 round connector x 1, 4-pin
- 1) Class B (measuring range –50 ° C … –30 ° C).